MDJW handles litigation in state and federal courts across Texas, as well as in arbitrations around the country, for producers, processors, transporters, distributors and marketers of all forms of energy - oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids, coal and electricity - as well as for the many service companies that support these ventures.
The firm’s Energy Litigation Team handles disputes involving all aspects of the exploration, production, distribution, and marketing of energy products.
Our clients include major and independent oil, gas, energy and power producers. We also represent interstate pipeline companies, oilfield service contractors, and drilling companies.
The range of conflicts and litigation exposures faced by our energy clients are vast. We litigate issues that arise during all phases of energy industry operations including:
- Breach of contract/business tort claims
- Damage to drilling or production facilities
- Downhole failures
- Geological and reservoir problems
- Joint venture or joint operating disputes
- Labor and employment claims
- Personal injury and product liability claims
- Pipeline failures
- Oil and gas lease disputes
- Producer and royalty owner disputes
- Toxic torts
- Wrongful death cases involving explosions, chemical exposures, fires and other catastrophes
- Upstream oil and gas operation losses
- Royalty disputes
- Supply contract litigation
- Service contract claims
- Construction delay and construction defect disputes
- Downstream operations losses