Paul Bishop is an associate attorney at MDJW's San Antonio office representing clients in insurance litigation matters. He served in the active duty US Air Force maintaining aircraft equipment and was deployed to Qatar in support of Operations Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom.
Paul earned his undergraduate degree from Southern Methodist University where he was active in the Innocence Project of Texas chapter. He interned for US Congressman Peter Sessions and went on to earn his law degree, serving as a mock trial team member. In law school, he interned with Judge Gray Miller of the US District Court, Southern District of Texas.
After law school, Paul studied cybersecurity risk management before passing the Texas bar. Paul holds a CIPP/US Certification, the global standard for information privacy professionals. He utilizes his diverse background and training to guide clients through complex disputes involving technical issues.
Paul lives in San Antonio with his wife Dr. Lauren Bishop. They have two rescue dogs and a cat.
- Prevailed as first chair trial counsel for an apartment complex owner on a tenant’s breach of contract claim for property damage.
- Ana Cheri Moreland et. al. v. DHR, Inc. dba Divas Bikini Bar and Grill, Cause No. 2018-00602, (Harris Cty.Dist.Ct. June 13, 2018) – drafted motion to set aside default judgment for good cause and alternatively motion for new trial that persuaded the Court to set aside a default judgment in a case regarding name and likeness claims; drafted special exceptions that persuaded the Court to dismiss Plaintiff models’ claims for damages arising out of the appropriation of their images and likenesses on invasion of privacy, negligence, and theft claims.
- Martin L. Lara and Rosa Lara v. Osiel Lopez, Cause No. 2017-44536, (Harris Cty.Dist.Ct. July 12, 2019) – drafted motion for summary judgment that persuaded the Court to rule in favor of defendant property owner against a tenant who alleged title to the property by virtue of an owner-financed mortgage.
- Yeldud Properties, LLC v. Berry, 2020 WL 8482930 (Travis Cty.Dist.Ct. Dec. 2, 2020) – drafted and orally argued summary judgment and evidentiary motions that persuaded the Court to grant summary judgment in favor of defendant property management company on plaintiff investor’s fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, and breach of contract claims.
- Alexis Milan v. Brittany Paul, Case No. 2019CI22882 (Bexar Cty.Dist.Ct. April 1, 2021) – argued motion for summary judgment that persuaded the Court to grant summary judgment in favor of defendant driver as to gross negligence and negligence per se.
- Benitez v. AmGuard Ins. Co., No. 4:22-CV-03619 (S.D. Tex. Aug. 24, 2023) – drafted response to plaintiff’s motion to compel appraisal that persuaded the Court to hold appraisal could not be compelled when the fundamental dispute concerned coverage, not valuation.
- Francisco Villanueva v. AmGuard Ins. Co, Cause No. 2021-52928, (Harris Cty.Dist.Ct. September 8, 2023) – drafted summary judgment motion that persuaded the Court to dismiss all of insured plaintiff’s post-appraisal claims.
- Berkshire Hathaway Guard Insurance
Member and Volunteer at Laurel Heights United Methodist Church
New Politics Academy Alumnus
Federalist Society Member
Health Texas Provider Alliance Member
San Antonio Bar Association Member
Beta Theta Pi Fraternity Member
- Advertising Liability and Personal Injury
- Arson & Fraud Defense
- Bad Faith Litigation
- Commercial General Liability
- Construction Coverage
- Coverage Analysis and Advice
- Defense of Errors and Omissions Claims
- Excess and Primary Disputes
- Foundation Damage Claims
- Homeowners’ Coverage
- Hurricane Litigation
- Privacy and Confidentiality
- Professional Liability
Short Course in Cybersecurity: Managing Risk in the Digital Age - Harvard X | February 2018
University of Houston Law Center - JD, 2017
Southern Methodist University - BA, 2014
Community College of the Air Force - AAS, 2009
- Texas courts
- United States District Court, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- Martin, Disiere, Jefferson & Wisdom, L.L.P. - San Antonio, TX | April 2022–present
- Lindow Stephens Schultz, LLP - San Antonio, TX | January 2021–April 2022
- Goldman & Peterson, PLLC - San Antonio, TX | March 2020–January 2021
- Lucero Wollam LLP - Houston, TX | July 2019–March 2020
- Sheena Law Firm - Houston, TX | May 2018–June 2019