The Employment Law Division at Martin, Disiere, Jefferson & Wisdom, houses dedicated attorneys who provide comprehensive representation to employers across all aspects of employment law. With diligence, grace, and expertise, we handle complex employment litigation in both state and federal courts throughout Texas. Our commitment extends to representing clients before various governmental agencies, including the EEOC, TWC, DOL, OSHA, and the NLRB.
What Sets Us Apart:
- Litigation Excellence: Our employment law attorneys are adept at navigating the intricacies of employment litigation. With a sharp focus on achieving favorable outcomes, we approach each case with a steadfast commitment to protecting our clients' interests.
- A Multifaceted Approach: Beyond litigation, we take a proactive approach to counsel our clients on various employment-related issues. From termination matters to drug and alcohol policies, employee safety concerns, employment contracts, handbooks, policies, leaves of absence, hiring, promotions, and training, our advice is comprehensive and tailored to each client's specific needs.
- Agency Advocacy: Our experienced attorneys confidently represent clients before governmental agencies, ensuring compliance and effective resolution of employment-related disputes.
- Preventative Strategies: We believe in preventing potential legal issues before they arise. Through careful guidance and proactive measures, we aim to equip our clients with the knowledge and tools they need to maintain a legally compliant and harmonious workplace.
At Martin, Disiere, Jefferson & Wisdom, our employment law team stands ready to champion your interests with an unwavering dedication to excellence. Whether you require litigation representation, counsel on employment matters, or assistance before governmental agencies, we are here to guide you with skill, compassion, and an unwavering commitment to your success.
Labor and Employment Counseling and Litigation Cases
- After NLRB Trial, Judge Rejected NLRB's Contention that Former Employee Was Wrongfully Terminated, Refusing Back Pay, Front Pay, & Reinstatement, Resulting in Complete Victory for client
- Recovered significant sums from former third party administrator for its handling of client’s employee health insurance program leading to large loss claims
- Obtained victory after jury trial on FLSA overtime claims, including securing a finding that the fluctuating workweek method applied
- Secured temporary restraining order and other injunctive relief on behalf of former employer
- Secured dismissal of employment breach of contract and defamation claims brought against former executive with no consideration paid by executive
- Secured dismissal of FLSA misclassification claims against employer client without any consideration paid by client
- Secured complete summary judgment against oilfield services company for race discrimination and retaliation
- Defeated multiple applications for temporary restraining order filed by competitor against former employees and new employer.
- Obtained dismissals of EEOC and other administrative charges
News & Insights
Areas Of Concentration
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (Labor & Employment)
- Arbitrations under Individual and Collective Agreements
- Civil Rights Claims
- Class and Collective Actions
- Client Seminars and Supervisor Training
- Common Law Claims
- Department of Labor Investigations / Wage and Hour Disputes
- EEOC / Civil Rights Division Investigations
- Employee Benefits and ERISA
- Employee Discipline
- Employment Contracts
- Employment Documents and Policies
- Executive Compensation
- Human Resource Counseling
- Human Resource Training
- Leaves of Absence
- National Labor Relations Board Issues
- Non-Competition and Confidentiality Agreements
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration Claims
- Organized Labor
- Privacy and Confidentiality
- Sarbanes-Oxley and Other Whistleblower Claims
- Security Compliance and Employee Screening
- Sexual Harassment
- Texas Workforce Commission Claims